Information on Global Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card
A credit card is a small plastic card issued to users as a system of payment. It allows its holder to buy goods and services based on the holder’s promise to pay for these goods and services. The issuer of the card grants a line of credit to the consumer (or the user) from which the user can borrow money for payment to a merchant or as a cash advance to the user. Visa Classic Domestic Card is a standard credit card valid within Nepal and India issued under Visa brand.
- Accepted as mode of payment at Visa merchant locations and ATM within territory of Nepal and India.
- Flexible payment option (NPR 1,000 or 10% of debit balance whichever is higher to 100% of debit balance)
- Service charge free credit period from 15 – 45 days
- Lowest service charge rate in the industry for revolving credit, only 2% per month.
- Credit limit between NPR 75,000
- Cash limit will be 90% of Credit Limit
Procedure to Apply for Global Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card
- Visit your nearest branch to obtain application form of Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card.
- Fill up the application for Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card.
- Submit it to the respective branch.
- Collect your Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card and pin code after the specified day and have your card activated.
- You may now use your card in Nepal and India where Visa is accepted.
- Any Nepalese citizen with age of 16 years and above.
- Monthly salary income of NPR 15,000 or above.
- Annual business income of NPR 150,000 or above.
- Foreign nationals fulfilling requirement of passport certification by Embassy and having valid visa status.
- Latest annual salary certificate in official letter head signed by HR Manager or Account Manager for salaried applicant.
- Company registration certificates, tax registration certificate, latest tax clearance certificate, share registered book and latest audited financial report for self employed business man.
- Lease Agreement valid for additional one year for those who are not employed but have other income sources like rental income.
- No income certificate required to those who would like to take credit card against lien on Fixed Deposit, Current or Saving Account of Global IME Bank Limited.
- Account statement of latest last three months of any commercial bank.
- Recent passport size photo of card applicant (and supplementary card applicant if applicable).
- Copy of citizenship certificate.
Procedure to use Global Visa Classic Domestic Credit Card
It is very simple and easy to use your credit card. Instead of paying cash, you can just swipe your card at the merchant location. Two receipts will then be printed for you to sign. The merchant will keep one copy and hand you over the second copy. At the end of the billing period, you will receive a statement which shows all the transactions that you have made during the past month. You are required to settle at least the minimum due amount within the due date. Failure to do so will add late payment penalty fee and interest to your statement.
Your credit card also allows for instant withdrawal of cash. This is very easy to do as described below:
- Insert you Visa credit card in the card slot. (Some ATM machines will pull the card inside the machine automatically while in others you have to dip the card in and pull it out quickly.)
- Select the language you desire either Nepali or English. Other languages may be available in India.
- Enter your pin number.
- Select withdraw funds to take money out from the ATM
- Enter the desired Rupees Amount. This must be in multiples of 500 in GIBL ATMs.
- Make sure to take your cash, credit card and a receipt.