INFORMATION ON GLOBAL TRAVEL CARD
Prepaid debit cards, also called re-loadable debit cards or re-loadable prepaid cards, are often used for recurring payments. Global Travel Card is preloaded with customer desired amount in terms of US Dollars and can be used world wide wherever Visa is accepted.
- Can be used to purchase goods and services from millions of merchants all over the world.
- Can be used to withdraw cash from hundreds and thousands of ATMs all over the world.
- Round the clock service.
- No hassles of interest, penalty and hidden charges.
- Prompt issuance and most economic charges.
- Secured due to electronic environment.
- Convenient reload.
Fees and Charges:
Types of Fees Amount (US$)
A. Service Fees
1. Card Issuance Fee 15.00
2. Urgent Card Issuance Fee (Additional) NA
3. Annual Fee 10.00
4. Supplementary Card Fee NA
5. Replacement Fee 5.00
6. Re-Issuance Fee 5.00
7. Card Blocking Fee Nil
8. PIN Re-Generation Fee 2.00
9. Limit Enhancement Fee NA
10. Retrieval Request Fee 5.00
11. Charge Back Handling Fee 3.00
12. Arbitration/Compliance Processing Fee As per Visa
B. Transaction Fees
13. Cash Withdrawal from Own ATM NA
14. Balance Inquiry from Own ATM Nil
15. PIN Change from Own ATM Nil
16. Mini Statement from Own ATM Nil
17. Balance Inquiry from Member Group (National Payment Network) NA
18. Cash Withdrawal from Member Group (National Payment Network) NA
19. Balance Inquiry from SCT Network NA
20. Cash Withdrawal from SCT Network NA
21. Balance Inquiry from Other Visa Network Bank 0.75
22. Cash Withdrawal from Other Visa Network Bank 2.00 or 2%
C. Service Charge
23. Service Charge (Interest) NA
24. Late Payment Fee NA
25. Overlimit Fee NA
PROCEDURE APPLY FOR GLOBAL TRAVEL CARD
- Fill up the application for Global Travel Card.
- Submit it to the respective branch.
- Collect your Global Travel Card and pin code after the specified day and have your card activated.
- You may now use your card when you travel outside Nepal at any location where Visa is accepted.
- People who are traveling out side of Nepal may apply for Global Travel Card.
- Valid passport, visa and airline ticket will be required to apply for this card.
PROCEDURE TO USE GLOBAL TRAVEL CARD
It is very simple and easy to use your Global Travel Card. Instead of paying cash, you can just swipe your card at the merchant location. Two receipts will then be printed for you to sign. The merchant will keep one copy and hand you over the second copy. It is mandatory that you have some balance left in your card. For example if you want to make a purchase of USD 50, you must have at least USD 50 balance left in your card. Merchants may also offer cash back facilities to customers, where a customer can withdraw cash along with their purchase. For example when you are making a purchase of USD 100 and want USD 50 cash back, the merchant will debit your card for USD 150 and hand you over USD 50 along with goods that you have purchased.
Global Travel Card may also allow for instant withdrawal of cash, acting as the ATM card for withdrawing cash from ATM. This is very easy to do as described below:
- Insert you Global Travel Card in the card slot. (Some ATM machines will pull the card inside the machine automatically while in others you have to dip the card in and pull it out quickly.)
- Select the language you desire either English or other languages that may be available depending on which country you are in.
- Enter your pin number.
- Select withdraw funds to take money out from the ATM
- Enter the desired Amount.
- Make sure to take your cash, Global Travel Card and a receipt.